Have you ever had the luxury of eating chocolate combined with hazelnuts?
And if you are a pumpkin fan, today you’re going to get a recipe that surprisingly puts all of them together!
But, before we do, did you know hazelnuts can help you with weight management?
Yes! Eating nuts, including hazelnuts, on a regular basis has shown a reduced incidence of weight gain and lessen the risk of obesity.
Hazelnuts can also:
- protect against some forms of cancer
- maintain healthy hair & skin
- protect against heart disease
- improve your brain function
- boost immunity
- slow down aging
- decrease the risk of developing diabetes
- help control diabetes
- lower the bad (LDL) cholesterol
- maintain good heart health
And now for these UH-MAZING brownies! Trust me, you’ll thank me later!
Triple Chocolate Hazelnut Pumpkin Brownies
What you’ll need:
For the brownies
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic virgin unrefined coconut oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 9×9 baking pan
For the chocolate hazelnut topping
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened hazelnut milk
To make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the baking pan.
- Take the pumpkin seeds and make sure they are completely dry. (To dry them you can always place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or so.)
- Once cooled, grind the pumpkin seeds up until they resemble a flour consistency. Set aside.
- Next, take the rolled oats and grind them up into a flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix both flours, chocolate chips, cacao powder, and baking powder.
- Then slowly add in the honey, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the baking pan and bake for 17-20 minutes or until lightly puffy.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, before removing. Enjoy!
To make the chocolate hazelnut topping:
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well with a spoon.
- Drizzle over brownies once they have cooled.
Alex Hope says
You’re spoiling me with all this goodness.. I do wish we had an oven to work with though, these look heavenly!
LOL, Alex….wish you could experience these, too!
Rebecca Strength and Sunshine says
O yes! A girl following my own heart! Fun alternative ways to make flours!
Hi Rebecca! Yes, I love to find new flours…..it makes baking so much fun!