I love making bright colored smoothies. And one of the best foods to get a bright colored smoothie is beets!
Beets are very beneficial for you.
- are full of antioxidants
- can help purify the blood
- support the liver
- can help lower cholesterol
- can help lower blood pressure
- protect against diabetes
- can help with digestion
- are detoxifying
And any kind of berry really would go with beets, but I chose raspberries to stay consistent with the color, but feel free to use any berry of your choice!
Raspberry Beet Smoothie Bowl
This recipes makes 2 smoothie bowls.
What you’ll need:
- 2 small beets
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with sliced bananas, your choice of seeds, and/or granola.
Looking for simple smoothie recipes you can make to detox your kitchen or just jumpstart your way to better eating habits? Check out my *new* smoothie book: 75 Simple Smoothie Recipes for Real People
I love smoothie bowls and find they fill me up for longer.
This one looks delicious … love how vivid the color is!
Definitely going to give it a try soon 🙂 Thanks for sharing it, Serena!
Yes, they are definitely more filling!!! Love them!!!! Thanks, Daniel!