OK. I am a fanatic for either chocolate, bananas, or peanut butter.
So, it was only a matter of time before I made some Peanut Butter & Chocolate Overnight Oats.
If you know anything about me you know I don’t like spending a lot of time in the kitchen, which is probably why smoothies and recipes like this work out so well for me.
This can really make enough to share or save the rest for later. I ate 5 spoonfuls and was almost full. It’s very thick and very filling to eat as a healthy breakfast. It’s also a great grab and go meal. Feel free to add more cashew milk in if you want to thin it out some more.
Hope you enjoy!
30 Second Cashew Milk
What you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp raw cashew butter (I used Artisana) (this recipe will also work with any raw nut butter)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon fair trade organic cane sugar (leave out for unsweetened milk)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Place aside.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Overnight Oats
This recipe serves 2.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups homemade cashew milk
- 2 tbsp of natural or organic peanut butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- Blend cacao powder, peanut butter, and 1 1/2 cups of cashew milk together until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir the oats and mixture from step #1 together.
- Pour half the mixture into a mason jar and the other half into another mason jar.
- Add 1 tbsp of chia seeds to each mason jar, place the lid on tight, then vigorously shake to incorporate the chia seeds.
- Place the mason jars in the fridge overnight.
- Take the oats out the fridge and see if you want to add in more cashew milk. Top each overnight oats with cacao nibs. Stir and enjoy!
What’s your favorite overnight oats combination?