Who doesn’t love sweet potatoes?
Sweet potatoes always remind me of sweet potato pie…mmmmm.
Did you know that sweet potatoes are considered a superfood?
Sweet potatoes are good for:
- preventing aging skin
- fighting the effects of stress
- maintaining a healthy gut
- maintaining healthy blood sugar levels
- strengthening the immune system
- providing anticancer benefits
- providing nearly all the Vitamin C requirements for the day
- keeping you fuller longer
OK, so back to sweet potato pie…how would you like to have it for breakfast?
Besides making a smoothie bowl you could enjoy sweet potatoes…overnight oats style! And it has all the tastes & feels as sweet potato pie.
I mean can you think of a better way to get fiber in your day?
This overnight oats recipe makes enough for three!
Sweet Potato Pie Overnight Oats Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups of sweet potato puree (1 medium sweet potato, softened)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnut milk (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 partially frozen banana
- Blend sweet potato puree, banana, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and hazelnut milk together until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir the oats and mixture from step #1 together.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 3 mason jars.
- Add 1 tbsp of chia seeds to each mason jar, place the lid on tight, then vigorously shake to incorporate the chia seeds.
- Place the mason jars in the fridge overnight.
- Take one of the mason jars out the fridge, shake, grab your favorite spoon, and enjoy right out the jar or feel free to pour into your favorite bowl!
What is your favorite thing to make with sweet potatoes?