You heard the cliche phrase by now, right? That breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
And if you’re trying to lose weight believe it or not eating a healthy one can help. Why is that you ask?
Well, research shows people who eat breakfast weigh less than those who skip it. This may be because people who skip breakfast tend to overcompensate throughout the day by eating large portions of food. And perhaps hormones, metabolic differences, and appetite play a role in it as well.
And even if weight loss isn’t your goal, eating breakfast is still a healthy good idea.
But how many people actually eat breakfast?
Well, I can tell you about 31 million Americans don’t…that’s a lot! That results in 1 out of every 10 people that skip breakfast.
So are you the 1 out of 10 that skips breakfast? Or is it your kids or spouse?
What’s the problem? Maybe it’s convenience, maybe it’s choices….
What if I told you that you could have dessert for breakfast? Would you, your kids, or spouse eat it then? Because who can turn down dessert for breakfast?
You wouldn’t be doing your body any favors by cramming junk into it, which is why I gathered some healthier ways to have dessert for breakfast….22 recipes to be exact.
1. Roasted Banana Split Breakfast Bowl by Athletic Avocado
2. Gluten-Free Banana Split Oats by Fitful Focus
3. Protein Packed Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Breathe Deeply & Smile
4. Coconut Cake Baked Oatmeal by A Dancer’s Live-It
5. Red Velvet Protein Pancakes by A Fit Philosophy
6. Birthday Cake Protein Pancakes by Life in Spandex
7. Carrot Cake Donuts by The Healthy Helper
8. Plum Pie Oatmeal by A Healthy Story
9. Chocolate Banana Cream Pie by Love Me Feed Me
10. Turmeric Nice Cream Smoothie Bowl by me (Simple Holistic Girl)
11. Paleo Apple Crisp by Blissful Eats
12. Almond Joy Overnight Oats by Fit Living Eats
13. Blueberry Pie Donuts by The Clean Eating Couple
14. Gingerbead Smoothie by Little Chef Big Appetite
15. Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats by Running in a Skirt
16. Breakfast Banana Pudding by My Uncommon Everyday
17. Peanut Butter Cup Chia Seed Pudding by Emilie Eats
18. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Granola by Lean, Clean & Brie
19. High Protein Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal by Die Hard Foodie
20. Paleo Zucchini Breakfast Cookies by Joy. Food. Sunshine.
21. Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies by me (Simple Holistic Girl)
22. Oats & Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies by Food, Pleasure & Health
What’s your favorite healthier way to eat dessert for breakfast?
Amanda @ Anchored to Sunshine says
Red velvet protein pancakes?? I’m drooling! I have to give these a try ASAP!
I know right? I could seriously eat some of the things on this list for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between…lol!
rachel @ athletic avocado says
Thank you for featuring our breakfast bowl! What a great round up 🙂
You are so welcome Rachel! Thank you for letting me share it!
Liz @ tHe Clean Eating Couple says
This is such a fun round up! thanks for including our Donut recipe 🙂
Thanks Liz! Who can resist donuts?!?!? Had to include those!
Woah those red velvet protein pancakes look like a slice of cake! And 31 million Americans don’t eat breakfast? I love breakfast. :o)
Don’t they look just like cake? I LOVE breakfast, too! Those 31 million Americans don’t know what they’re missing!
They all look delicious! Great round up, now you’ve got me thinking about breakfast tomorrow.
Thanks Elissa! I think about breakfast all the time!