Green tea contains the highest concentration of antioxidants out of all the teas and traditionally has been used in Chinese medicine with a variety of uses from a diuretic and improving heart health to treating gas and improving mental processes.
Matcha tea, a type of green tea, is the only form of tea where the whole leaf is consumed.
And matcha tea has also been associated with:
- protection against many kinds of cancer
- slowing the aging process
- reducing cholesterol
- weight loss
- stabilizing blood sugar levels
- reducing high blood pressure
And adding some chocolate chips in don’t hurt either.
So, even if you have never really been a fan of green tea, give this recipe a try…with the chocolate chips of course!
Chocolate Chip Matcha Ice Cream
What you’ll need:
- 1 – 15 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons organic matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons raw/organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of semi sweet chocolate chips
- small loaf pan (mine was 5.75in x 3in)
- Combine the honey, coconut milk, and matcha powder together in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the small loaf pan, cover, and freeze overnight.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to thaw on the counter for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop desired amount into a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips, and enjoy!
What’s your favorite way of consuming matcha tea?
Leave a Reply