Stuck in a health rut? Want some new healthy tips to keep you motivated longer than 30 days? Well, how about healthy tips to take you through a year?
Healthy is a lifestyle change…a change that lasts longer than 30 days. When you are serious about making a healthy change you need to plan for long term in order to have success with it.
I made these tips easy where you have one new tip to implement once a week. Nothing hard, nothing difficult. Just find at least one day in the week to implement the tip and you’re good to go OR implement the tip every day that week! Complete the tips in any order….
And…these tips are easy enough for even the busiest lifestyle…so there should be NO excuses, right?
So, here’s to the next healthy year for you, week-by-week with 52 weekly tips.
- Try 1 new red vegetable.
- Make a Watermelon Party Salad – combine 1 cup lime or lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, dash white pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (if desired). Stir until honey is well blended and chill for 1-2 hours. Add 4 pounds cubed, seeded watermelon and serve. Place your salad dressing in a separate container for later.
- Eat at least 2 yellow fruits/vegetables.
- No phone, social media, or computer for one hour (just relax).
- Work out with a friend.
- Cook all your meals for the week.
- Take a long, relaxing bath. For added relaxation place a few drops of lavender (or other favorite) essential oil.
- Skip either the coffee, alcohol, and/or soda (your choice) for the whole week.
- Make a green smoothie – blend 2 cups baby kale, 1/2 cup papaya, 1 cup strawberries, and 1 cup coconut milk together until smooth.
- Turn on the music and just dance.
- Find a book and start reading.
- Enjoy a cup of soothing herbal tea (your choice).
- Get a massage.
- Eat at least 2 purple fruits/vegetables.
- Make a vegetarian meal. (Check Meatless Monday for some ideas).
- Make your lunch for the week.
- Upon waking up, perform stretches for 15 minutes.
- Eat at least 2 foods in organic form.
- Brush your teeth with coconut oil.
- Try 1 new fruit.
- Avoid using the microwave.
- Look in the mirror and say “I Love You”.
- Eat at least 2 green fruits/vegetables.
- Make a Cucumber Salad – thinly slice 2 medium cucumbers. Pour over cucumbers a mixture of 1/3 cup white vinegar, 1/3 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Drain and serve. Place your salad dressing in a separate container for later.
- Get outside and get some Vitamin D today. Regular exposure to outdoor light and fresh air can reduce the effects of seasonal affective disorder (SAD), and stress in general, to lift your spirits!
- Make yourself a doctor’s appointment for an annual physical. It’s important to practice preventive care.
- Drink more water.
- Go on vacation! Take a week, a weekend, or even a morning, away from obligations and worries.
- Express your creativity and write down your memories – take an art class or grow some flowers.
- Frequently repeat a suggestion to yourself such as “Shoulders free” or “Neck relaxed.” This plants an idea which may gently support muscle relaxation.
- Find time to accomplish certain tasks. Is your mind clearer in the morning for activities that require concentration? Do you have more energy for housework or gardening at certain times of the day? Do those activities at YOUR optimal time of day.
- Eat at least 2 red fruits/vegetables.
- Take the stairs.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes, close your eyes, breathe slow, and relax.
- Make a green smoothie – blend 2 cups baby spinach, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp almonds, and 1 pear together until smooth.
- Write down 10 things you love about yourself.
- Walk for 30 minutes.
- Work out in the park.
- Put some fruit/herbs in your water (ideas – lemon, ginger, lime, cinnamon)
- Take a 30 minute nap.
- Write a goals letter to yourself. What do you want accomplished? How do you plan to accomplish your goals? Seal it and reopen it in 3 months to see your progress. Continue working on whatever you didn’t achieve.
- While watching TV, stand up and walk in place every commercial break.
- Replace one junk food every day this week with a healthier choice (ex: fruit, smoothie, vegetables, etc.)
- Replace your toxic household cleaning products with vinegar & baking soda.
- Evaluate your relationships with people as some people can be toxic to our health.
- Make a mason jar salad – layer your choice of greens and fruits/veggies for a tasty salad later – place your salad dressing in a separate container.
- Start oil pulling.
- Start a yoga routine.
- Sign up and do a 5K.
- Buy a pedometer, Fitbit, or other steps tracker. Do 10,000 steps every day this week.
- Make a green smoothie – blend 2 cups spring mix, 1 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup grapes, and 1 cup coconut water together until smooth.
What else can you think of to incorporate into your day for a healthy lifestyle change?
Leave a Reply