If you are looking for a great cardio workout may I suggest jumping rope?
Yes, you heard me.
Jumping rope is not just for kids.
Check this out…if you weigh, let’s say, 175 pounds and you jump rope for just 10 minutes a day, 4 times a week, you can burn over 500 calories!
Jumping rope can also:
- improve your bone density
- be easier on your knees than running
- increase your leg strength
- reduce lower leg injuries
- improve your balance & coordination
and so much more!
So, who’s with me?!?!
Purpose of this challenge:
To get you to be able to jump rope for 10 minutes at a time
How to do the challenge:
You can complete the jump rope challenge using any jump rope style of your choice, that includes:
- regular jump rope style = both feet are in the air or on the ground at the same time
- right single leg jumps = the left leg is bent at the knee at a 90 degree angle while only the right leg is performing the jump rope exercise
- left single leg jumps = the right leg is bent at the knee at a 90 degree angle while only the left leg is performing the jump rope exercise
- double jumps = regular jump rope style, but while both feet are in the air you get the rope around two times
You can choose to do Day 1’s challenge using the regular jump roping style or you can do Day 1 by splitting the time and doing all jump rope styles to mix it up. The choice is yours.
- if you’re a beginner I suggest going slow, for example, instead of jumping rope for 1 minute on Day 5 maybe just do 20 or 30 seconds. Don’t worry if you are not able to jump rope for 10 minutes at a time by the end of the 30 days. Focus on where you started and where you ended. Being able to jump rope for 10 minutes straight will come eventually.
- if at any time you feel the challenge for the day is too much then only please do what you can. Feel free to also throw in extra rest days as needed.
- stay hydrated!!!!!
- as the challenge increases, if needed, break down the exercise during the day, for example, on Day 23 do a few jump roping sessions in order to equal 7 minutes and 30 seconds. This way you’re not trying to do all of it at once and you are still getting used to the exercise and getting all the benefits.
HAPPY JUMP ROPING!!!!!!
After you complete this challenge just keep increasing the time. See how long you can jump rope! Now, go!!!!