Are you ready to have fun without spoiling your healthy lifestyle? Are you also ready to have fun and not be broke by the end of summer?
Sooooo many things to do, so little time! Everything’s so much more expensive in the summer, but we can’t help but try to have fun. And it’s so much easier to just pig out and eat EVERYTHING!
Here are 20 ways you can still have fun and not be broke by the end of the summer – all while still incorporating a healthy lifestyle:
1. Host a healthy potluck at your house.
2. Hold a movie night once a week – randomly choose what movie you’ll watch. If possible, watch it outside. Supply the healthy snacks.
3. Hold a community yard sale (clear the clutter, clear your mind).
4. Start a garden. Take it one step further and make it a community garden. Grow herbs & vegetables that the whole town loves.
5. Have a picnic in a local park (get some vitamin D!)
6. Attend your local county fair.
7. Gather 24 more people and purchase group tickets to a baseball game or a Broadway play.
8. Attend a local minor league game.
9. Camp out in the backyard.
10. Go to the beach and lay out on the sand. Swim for free and bring your own lunch.
11. Go on a real-world, outdoor treasure hunt with family and friends.
12. Transform your backyard into a tropical paradise. All you need is a hammock and a blow up pool, sprinkler, or water hose.
13. Start a summer reading contest or a book club. Give prizes.
14. Attend a matinee at your local movie theater (psst…sneak in your own snacks!)
16. Take a free craft class at your local craft store.
17. Sign up for daily deals from local hotels, restaurants, and attractions.
18. Visit your local museum and bring your own lunch, if you can.
19. Start a sports league at your local park. Everyone takes turns bringing different sports equipment (ex: volleyball net, basketball, etc).
20. Host a game night. Rotate whose turn it is to host.
What other things can you think of that will keep you busy, is easy on the budget, and won’t tempt you to eat junk? Please share!