I interrupt my normal posting schedule to let you know I’ve been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Thank you so much to Jody from Easy Peasy Mom, for nominating me for this award. Ya know, there’s a reason why you start a blog in the first place, then you just hope that someone else appreciates it as much as you do! Thanks Jody!
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is getting the word out about being healthy. I love using my blog as a platform to help others live the best lifestyle they possibly can. I also like keeping people informed with the truth.
2. What is one piece of advice you would give to new bloggers?
Connect with other bloggers somewhere, whether it’s through a blogging network of some sort or just through a local community place. There is so much more to blogging than you realize so you should get as much advice and support around you as possible.
3. Link to your favorite post on your blog.
Oh boy – I have a few, but I will say my ultimate favorite is the post inspired by my 5 year old son – How to Live: 8 Life Lessons From a 5 Year Old – I love #4!
4. What is one non-blogging related product you couldn’t live without?
I have only recently entered the world of smartphones (3 years and counting now) so I will have to say my smartphone, which is currently a Samsung Galaxy S5 – woo hoo!
5. What do you do to re-energize when you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed?
I leave. LOL, let me explain. I go away by myself somewhere and just regroup. Whether that means I use the time to do nothing, catch up on my sleep or catch up on any business projects, I come back refreshed and ready to go!
6. What’s the best concert you have ever been to?
For anybody that knows me, I am a long time fan of Janet Jackson so I will have to say her concert was one of the best concerts I have ever been to (I have been to pretty much every tour of hers). In particular, it was a New Year’s Eve concert (I believe it was 1994) when I was in high school and she counted down the new year with us and sang a few more songs before ending the night.
7. How has blogging affected your life?
I have a new found respect for bloggers. I did not know all of the dedication and hard work it takes to maintain a serious, but fun blog, but now that I know I wouldn’t change it for anything. If it’s what you want to do, no matter the challenges, you will find a way to do it…no excuses.
8. What has been the best way you’ve found to connect with other bloggers?
9. What is one blogging tool you couldn’t live without?
Right now I use CoSchedule. I would not be able to do what I do without it! It keeps me organized on my blog as well as on social media, so thank you to CoSchedule!
10. Any fun summer plans?
Of course, with three kids we NEED to get out of the house! We’re hoping to get to Philly, the beach, and a couple of amusement parks.
Now, it’s my turn! All of the following blogs have been nominated and are in no particular order as they are all great reads!
Your instructions should you accept this award.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
2. Answer the 10 questions sent to you. Here are mine for you!
- Why did you start blogging?
- Link to your favorite post on your blog and explain why it is your favorite.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your number one blogging DON’T?
- What is your favorite color?
- When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite non-blogging thing to do?
- If you had to start your blog from scratch what one thing would you do differently?
- What is your favorite food (calories don’t count!)?
- What is the one thing you just have to do this summer?
3. Nominate 8 other bloggers, link to them in your post and notify them of their nomination.
4. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.