I love making bright colored smoothies. And one of the best foods to get a bright colored smoothie is beets!
Beets are very beneficial for you.
- are full of antioxidants
- can help purify the blood
- support the liver
- can help lower cholesterol
- can help lower blood pressure
- are antidiabetic
- can help with digestion
- are detoxifying
And any kind of berry really would go with beets, but I chose raspberries to stay consistent with the color, but feel free to use any berry of your choice!
This recipes makes 2 smoothie bowls.
What you’ll need:
- 2 small beets
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with sliced bananas, your choice of seeds, and/or granola.