Now why didn’t this recipe idea come to me on National Ice Cream Day? Or for my healthy ice cream roundup? Oh well!
Then what happens when you take it a step further and change that homemade ice cream to homemade coconut milk ice cream….ya still with me?
Aaaaaaand that’s exactly what I did….WITHOUT an ice cream maker!
You can choose which ice cream you prefer to use with the brownies. The end result will still be the same ==> delicious! That’s the most important thing here folks!
If you don’t like peanut butter, or are allergic, you can easily substitute peanut butter with another nut butter.
Feel free to add in other mix ins, like pecans or almonds.
This recipe makes 1.5 – 2 quarts (or 12 -16 servings).
What you’ll need:
- Peanut Butter Brownies (make them here)
- 2 – 13.5 ounce cans of full fat organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup organic or raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- After making the brownies, cut half of them up and place to the side. Leave the other half for the last step.
- Blend both cans of coconut milk, honey, and vanilla extract in a high speed blender until creamy.
- Then take the cut up pieces of brownies that you set aside and add to the blender and blend again until the brownie bits are all mixed in.
- Then take the coconut milk brownie mixture and pour into a freezer safe container (I used a loaf pan).
- Cover and place in the freezer overnight.
- Once the coconut milk ice cream is frozen, place on the counter for about 20 minutes or so to soften. Scoop into a bowl. Now take a few pieces of the remaining brownies you made the day before and add on top off your ice cream!
Estimated nutrition facts based on 16 servings (without toppings). Serving size = 1/2 cup.
Calories: 114 Protein: 2g Fat: 8g Total Carbs: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 29mg