Last year I got my co-workers a healthy recipe book.
This year I was inspired by stuff to do with mason jars.
I found this post about Double Chocolatey Hot Cocoa in a Jar and was like BINGO….GOT IT!!!
So I got to work.
The total for all my supplies was $46.33, which comes to $3.86 a person. Nice, right? A great gift without breaking the bank!
This recipe yields 8 servings (per mason jar).
What you’ll need:
- 2 – 10 ounce cans of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 – 2lb bag of organic cane sugar
- 2 – 10 ounce bags of fair trade semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 7 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 12 – 16 ounce mason jars
- roll of ribbon
- 12 gift tags
- In the following order, layer each mason jar with 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, then 1/4 cup of organic cane sugar, then 1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips, then 1/4 cup of mini marshmallows.
- Place lids on each mason jar.
- Cut ribbon to desired length and tie around each jar.
- Write on gift tags and attached to the ribbon.
Estimated nutrition facts based on 8 servings (per mason jar). Serving size = 2 tbsp.
Calories: 79 Protein: 2g Fat: 2g Total Carbs: 13g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 1mg
Instructions for each mason jar gift:
- Mix ingredients well.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix with 1 cup of boiling water or milk.