No, it’s not summer.
When you think of hibiscus tea you might think of summer.
Yes, I know the weather is colder. Why not spend the day curled up on the couch with a smoothie…I mean cup of herbal tea?
Aahhhh, what if I told you that you can do both?
So, first let me tell you, I am not a big tea drinker, let alone an herbal tea drinker, but herbal tea can be an excellent addition to a daily regimen.
Hawthorn can also help with high blood pressure. So, why not try the herbal tea that has both in it?
Hibiscus tea has a sort of bitter taste to it which is why I decided to make it like a smoothie. It’s like trying to get a child to take their medicine by disguising it with something they like.
This recipe can be adapted to any herbal tea of your liking, so if you have a favorite herbal tea, by all means pair that with your favorite non-dairy milk and fruit and see how it comes out.
This recipe serves 1.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup of steeped hibiscus tea, cooled (I used Hawthorn & Hibiscus Tea from Traditional Medicinals)
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1 tbsp raw or organic honey (optional)
- Prepare tea per package instructions. Let cool either in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a cup/glass/mug of your choice and enjoy!
*NOTE: You can also try this recipe while the tea is still warm. Blend all the ingredients except for the tea in a high speed blender. Pour your warm tea into a cup and add the smoothie in a little bit at a time to taste. Stir well and enjoy!