So, my oldest son CLAIMED he didn’t like chocolate at one point. Well, he has been eating up everything chocolate that I make lately including these chocolate chip pancakes.
Ummm, I guess he inherited that from me because I can’t turn much chocolate down.
I mean you already know how I feel about chocolate for breakfast.
And who can’t resist chocolate chip pancakes that have 8g of fiber and 7g of protein per serving?
Top these pancakes off with even more chocolate (shhh, I won’t tell anyone), fruit of choice, or pure maple syrup!
This recipes makes 8-10 pancakes.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (mine were 60% cacao)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook until browned on the other side. Remove from heat.
Enjoy with your choice of butter, pure maple syrup, pure blueberry syrup, honey, or fruit.
Estimated nutrition facts based on 5 servings. Serving size = 2 pancakes.
Calories: 268 Protein: 7g Fat: 6g Total Carbs: 48g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 14g Sodium: 7mg