So, I put out a smoothie book some time ago. That’s where this recipe comes from.
I am working on expanding that smoothie book (doubling the recipes to be exact) and reformatting everything for Amazon peeps. My smoothie muffin recipes won’t be a part of that book hence the reason for sharing this recipe with you.
Plus, it’s a great recipe, it’s apple season, and it’s kid-friendly, so why not, right? Sharing is caring!
Hope you enjoy!
This recipes makes 12 muffins.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder (optional)
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- 1 granny smith apple, with skin, cored
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place baking cups in muffin tin.
- Blend spinach, coconut milk, baking powder (if using), flaxseeds, apple, and cinnamon together until smooth.
- Add mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
- In the medium mixing bowl mix in maple syrup and rolled oats. Do not overmix.
- Pour mixture evenly into each baking cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
What’s your favorite muffin recipe?