So all of this talk is going on about golden milk, right? Now, I normally don’t just attach myself to a trend, but the fact that it involves coconut milk has gotten my vote because coconut milk is already one of my favorite non-dairy milks anyway. I use it A LOT – as a base for ice cream, in donuts, in muffins, in pancakes, in smoothies…you name it.
I know…for someone that doesn’t like the taste of coconut I sure use it a lot, right? Well, that’s just the thing…it’s a very mild taste when paired with other ingredients and it’s because of that reason why I use it so much.
…..And to make golden milk, all you need to do is add turmeric! You also have the choice to use coconut oil instead of, or in addition to, the coconut milk.
Turmeric is one of the many spices in your own kitchen that can serve as natural remedies. So you can just imagine how many meals you can spice up with some turmeric, including these DELICIOUS smoothie muffins!
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup raw or organic honey
- 2 tablespoons certified fair trade virgin, organic coconut oil (I used Dr. Bronner’s)
- 2 cups coconut milk (I used boxed coconut milk, but feel free to use the creamier canned version if you prefer)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- muffin pan for 12 muffins
- 12 baking cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place your baking cups into each muffin mold.
- Mash the 2 bananas in a bowl and place to the side.
- Place the oats, honey, coconut oil, and coconut milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the mashed bananas, cinnamon, turmeric, and baking powder. Do not over stir.
- Pour the mixture evenly into each baking cup and bake for 25-30 minutes (until muffins are golden brown).
- Allow the muffins to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Estimated nutrition facts based on 12 servings. Serving size = 1 muffin.
Calories: 124 Protein: 3g Fat: 4g Total Carbs: 20g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 19mg