We go through a lot of granola bars in the house. So, rather than buy them I decided to make them instead. These are no bake granola bars so I consider it a win-win!
These bars are absolutely fantastic!
You will not want to go back to the store bought ones!
Think of all the combinations you can do when making your own granola bars. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe makes about 18 thin rectangle bars or 15 medium sized rectangle bars. Feel free to cut them into any shape you please.
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds, ground
- Lay parchment paper down in a 13×9 baking pan.
- Place the oats & dark chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl. Mix ingredients well.
- Take a 1/2 cup of flaxseeds and grind up in a blender (I used the magic bullet). Add to the oats & dark chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan, on low heat, mix together the organic brown rice syrup and vanilla. Heat for 3-5 minutes to thin the mixture out – stir constantly.
- Pour the organic brown rice syrup & vanilla mixture over the oats, chips, and flaxseeds mixture. Make sure everything is well coated.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan and make sure it is TIGHTLY packed. (Hint: Lay parchment paper over the mixture and press down with your hand or another baking pan.)
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or refrigerate for an hour.
- Cut into bars and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This post was updated 7/6/2015.
Estimated nutrition facts based on 18 bars. Serving size = 1 bar.
Calories: 167 Protein: 4g Fat: 5g Total Carbs: 27g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 17mg