I was attempting to make no bake granola bars without necessarily using something sticky and sweet to hold them together. Aaaaannnnd that didn’t work, so I ended up with just granola.
But, all is not lost because it’s not like it’s not edible. You just have to eat it by hand, spoon, or on top of something instead of a grab and go snack…which is perfectly fine by me because I love peanut butter! And granola!
This snack is packed full of good stuff. Yes, it has 265 calories per serving (which is 1/2 a cup), but don’t be afraid of calories. Remember, it’s quality over quantity. This granola also has 9g of protein and 5g of fiber, which makes for an excellent pre or post workout snack.
Make sure you have this granola handy and pack it for later, so the next time you just need a little afternoon energy boost or snack before or after your workout, you won’t need to visit the vending machine.
This recipe makes 7 servings.
What you’ll need:
- Homemade granola
- 1/2 cup crunchy organic peanut butter (feel free to use another nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 cup brown rice cacao crisps cereal (I used One Degree Organics)
- Microwave the peanut butter for approximately 30 seconds in the microwave or let it sit out for about 30 minutes (organic & natural peanut butter will liquify at room temperature).
- Take the homemade granola and combine it with the peanut butter and crisps cereal in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix until the peanut butter is well incorporated.
- Store in an airtight container.
Estimated nutrition facts based on 7 servings. Serving size = 1/2 cup.
Calories: 265 Protein: 9g Fat: 9g Total Carbs: 37g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 21mg