Ever since I started making my own granola I haven’t been able to eat store bought granola anymore (with the exception of Nature’s Path Organic Oats & Honey Granola…that is just simply delicious).
My kids LOVE my homemade granola, especially my youngest son. The last time I made it he stated that I should add almonds.
So I did!
Now I guess you can say my simple 3 ingredient granola recipe got a slight upgrade.
And while I was at it I added some cinnamon because who can resist anything with cinnamon in it?
And I have recently replaced my all time favorite snack of apples & peanut butter with granola, Greek yogurt, and sliced fruit. And this new granola recipe tastes so good with this combination! I think I am truly addicted to this new snack combo!
This recipe makes 6 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or raw or organic honey)
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Make sure the granola is well coated.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly spread the granola mixture onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake granola for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.