So, remember the Strawberry Chia Jam from last week, right? And you may (or may not) know how much I LOVE peanut butter and jelly. I decided to do a tasty treat built on the peanut butter and jelly concept. But, since my kids don’t like peanut butter I thought of another way to pull this off.
There are so many nut butters, just like there are so many different kinds of non-dairy milks, but rarely do I buy anything that is NOT peanut butter. I mean really….who needs something that’s NOT peanut butter?
Anyway, my eyes set on some raw cashew butter so I took that as a sign and chose that.
Now, I have a recipe for peanut butter brownies, but just wasn’t sure if the whole chia jam thing would have tasted good. So blondies it was.
And these blondies turned out so, so good!! And then I topped them off with even more chia jam. Enjoy!
This recipe makes 9 blondies.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup strawberry chia jam (make that here)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1/2 teaspoon double acting baking powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 OR 9×9 baking pan.
- Combine the sugar, teff flour, white whole wheat flour, and baking powder (if using) together in a bowl.
- Then add in the cashew butter. Make sure it’s not all the way solid to make it easier to mix in.
- Add in the chia jam and applesauce last. Stir well, but do not overmix.
- Pour the blondie mixture into the baking pan evenly and bake for 25-30 minutes. The blondies are done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Top with chia jam and enjoy!
Estimated nutrition facts based on 9 servings (with baking powder & without chia jam topping). 1 serving = 1 blondie.
Calories: 192 Protein: 9g Fat: 15g Total Carbs: 26g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 9g Sodium: 2mg