Do you need help drinking water sometimes? Well, I know I do. I drink my water either ice cold or ice cold and flavored.
With the summer upon us, it’s even more important to stay hydrated and drink enough water (enough should be equal to at least half your weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 180 pounds then a good amount for you to start with is at least 90 ounces per day – this includes the water in your food and beverages you drink, like tea).
Did you know you can use both fruit, veggies, and herbs to infuse your water?
So, what are the benefits of infused water you ask?
Here are some benefits below:
– helps you get essential vitamins into your diet
– weight management – it’ll keep you from drinking other less healthy things
– keeps you motivated to drink more by making the water more flavorful
– energizes you
– clearer skin
– different fruits and herbs have the ability to boost your immunity, regulate your blood sugar levels, and help control your appetite
Now, here are at least 30 infused water combinations that you can experiment with in order to drink more water and stay hydrated:
- lemon & lime
- watermelon & mint
- lemon & fresh ginger
- cucumber & mint
- cherries & lime
- apples & cinnamon sticks
- strawberries & blueberries
- strawberries & mint
- strawberries, lemon, and mint
- orange, lime, and lemon
- strawberries & kiwi
- watermelon, peach, and fresh ginger
- blackberries & mint
- lavender & lemon
- cucumber, lemon, and lime
- watermelon, raspberries, and mint
- blueberries & orange peel or zest
- dried chamomile & lemon
- cucumber & rosemary
- blackberries, cherries, and lime
- orange & fresh ginger
- cherries, raspberries, and strawberries
- watermelon, honeydew melon, and mint
- orange & cilantro
- lemon & parsley
- pineapple & mango
- pineapple, mango, and orange
- strawberries & mango
- strawberries, mango, and mint
- cherries, peaches, and mint
The possibilities are actually endless, so there is really way more than 30 combinations, but you get the point. Here’s a list of some herbs & fruits/veggies to get you thinking of even more combinations:
- Herbs & spices: basil, cinnamon sticks, rosemary, thyme, parsley, cardamom, lavender, cilantro, rose petals, fresh ginger, mint
- Fruits & veggies (can be fresh or frozen): blueberries, cherries, cucumber, blackberries, raspberries, orange*, mango, pineapple, papaya, watermelon, honeydew melon, peaches, apples, kiwi, lemon*, lime*
*The peel from citrus fruits is full of antioxidants and fights free radicals, balances blood sugar levels, and supports your thyroid, so feel free to include the zest of the peel or the entire peel of any citrus fruit in your water, too!
Tip: pour different combos into ice cube trays and add to your water whenever the mood hits you!
What’s your favorite infused water combination?