Gyms are EXPENSIVE! I used to belong to a gym, then later realized how much money I was spending. I became a workout-at-home-guru. BUT, sometimes gyms can be good to shake things up a bit, which is why I went looking for another one to join.
I was particularly searching for a gym to join for the group fitness classes. I like getting out and actually socializing once in a while and I sometimes get introduced to something new. How do you think that turned out?
Ummmm, did you know that some gyms are starting to charge extra for group fitness classes……really?!?!
So, the joining fee, the annual fee, and the regular membership fee aren’t enough to qualify me to take a group fitness class? I have to have the next membership level up? No thank you!
Now, guess what? I’m back to being that workout-at-home-guru once again. If I see a gym special, perhaps I’ll give it a try again, but right now I’m just using what I got to change up my regular ol’ routine a bit.
If you’ve read this post, you already found quite a few ways that you can exercise without going to the gym, since most of the list you can do without even stepping foot in one.
What we’re going to do is build on that list. Of course, some ways will depend on where you live and the weather, but you can use this list for inspiration nonetheless.
Here’s 20 more ways to exercise without going to the gym:
- Throw the frisbee around outside
- Do body weight exercises right in your living room (ex: squats, pushups, lunges, etc.)
- Shovel snow
- Use a kettlebell
- Mow the lawn
- Tune in to fitness TV related channels
- Find a mobile exercise app
- Do household chores for one hour straight
- Go old school with your kids
- Go hiking
- Go skiing
- Walk your dog
- Play basketball
- Try an online group fitness class (ex: Wello, FitnessGlo)
- Play on the jungle gym at your local park
- Walk around an entire mall (do a little shopping while you’re there!)
- Wash your car
- Go rock climbing
- Go kayaking
- Hoola hoop
List updated 12/7/2015
Do you work out at home or at the gym? What’s your favorite exercise to do? What else can you add to this list?